Tagged: multnomah businesses

Chief Multnomah Bank. From Multnomah Bank, Multnomah, Oregon. 3

Chief Multnomah Bank

  The Multnomah Bank opened February 2, 1948.  The bank opened at 7840 SW Capitol Highway, the former location of the Multnomah Commercial and Savings Bank that closed December 1934.  The location is now the restaurant side of O’Connor’s Restaurant and Bar, and you can still see the bank vault....

Then and Now - Switch, Photo of Library (L), and Liquor Store (R), ca 1952. 1

Then and Now – Switch

This summer we did a series of “Then and Now” posters for Multnomah businesses. The posters features a vintage image of the building housing the business, a small inset image of the current facade, and a brief history of the building. Over the next several weeks we’re going to publish...

Lovejoy and Jackson Store, ca. 1916. 0

Lovejoy and Jackson Store

The first store by the Multnomah Station on the Oregon Electric Railroad was a small general store started by Nelson Thomas and aptly called the Bungalow Grocery because it looked like a bungalow. This was not in the building now occupied by Marco’s, we believe it was in the building...