Then and Now – Multnomah Family Care Center
This summer we did a series of “Then and Now” posters for Multnomah businesses. The posters features a vintage image of the building housing the business, a small inset image of the current facade, and a brief history of the building. Over the next several weeks we’re going to publish the images and an expanded version of the histories here. This week’s “Then and Now” is Multnomah Family Care Center.
The caption reads: Verdurmen Shell, ca. 1935. Ed Verdurmen’s service station was across from Multnomah School for many years. Verdumen sold both Gilmore and Shell gas. Visible in the background are a home (now gone), and the Orenomah Lodge (now the Lucky Labrador Public House).
7689 SW Capitol Highway
Prior to 1933 ?
1933 to 1949 – Verdurman Shell
1949 to 1960s – Verduman Oil Company- Ed Verduman
1970’s Service Station
1980’s-2008 OMNI research
2009 to present – Multnomah Family Care Center
Patti Waitman-Ingebretsen researched this building’s history. A list of all known occupants of all Multnomah commercial buildings is available from the Multnomah Historical Association, just email us.