Then and Now – Medley
This summer we did a series of “Then and Now” posters for Multnomah businesses. The posters features a vintage image of the building housing the business, a small inset image of the current facade, and a brief history of the building. Over the next several weeks we’re going to publish the images and an expanded version of the histories here. This week’s “Then and Now” is Medley.
The caption reads: Storefront and Apartments. This storefront with apartments on the 2nd floor was built 1910. It is the oldest commercial structure in Multnomah. Hogan’s Café operated here in the 1950s. During the 1960s Jim Hogan had a used furniture store here, J & M Antiques was here from 1968 to 1983, Glass Circus Stained Glass in the 1990s, and Indigo Traders during the 2000s.
7881 SW Capitol Highway
Before 1949 ?
1949 Good Eats Café
1950’s Hogan’s Restaurant
1960’s Jim Hogan’s Used Furniture
1968-1983 J & M Antiques- J & M Boyles (moved from 7880)
1990’s Glass Circus Stained Glass
2000’s-2010 Indigo Traders (moved to 7878)
2011 to present – Medley
Patti Waitman-Ingebretsen researched this building’s history. A list of all known occupants of all Multnomah commercial buildings is available from the Multnomah Historical Association, just email us.