Then and Now – Lucky Lab
This summer we did a series of “Then and Now” posters for Multnomah businesses. The posters features a vintage image of the building housing the business, a small inset image of the current facade, and a brief history of the building. Over the next several weeks we’re going to publish the images and an expanded version of the histories here. This week’s “Then and Now” is the Lucky Labrador Public House.
The caption reads: Orenomah Masonic Lodge, ca. 1975. Chartered in 1921, the Lodge built this structure in 1924. The name was a combination of Oregon and Multnomah; there was already a Multnomah Lodge in Oregon City. In addition to Masonic activities, the lodge was used for wedding receptions, voting and Kiwanis meetings. The Lodge sold the building in 1991 and merged with the Tigard Lodge. The Lucky Labrador Public House opened here in 2002.
7675 SW Capitol Highway
Orenomah Masonic Lodge No 177 was chartered in 1921 and held it’s first meetings in the Thomas Building on 35th & what is now Multnomah Blvd.
before 1924 ?
1924-1991 Orenomah Masonic Lodge
1930-19?? Multnomah Women’s Club- organized 1922
1992 Private Radio Museum
2002-present Lucky Labrador Public House
Patti Waitman-Ingebretsen researched this building’s history. A list of all known occupants of all Multnomah commercial buildings is available from the Multnomah Historical Association, just email us.