Monthly Archive: March 2014

Craig's Auto Court 0

Craig’s Auto Court

Craig’s Auto Court operated at 9449 SW Barbur Boulevard from 1937 to 1943, when it became the Ara Vista Motel. A Wendy’s occupies the site today. Soon after its opening in 1933, Barbur Boulevard between SW Terwilliger Boulevard and Tigard sprouted dozens of businesses devoted to serving automobile travelers. Service...

multnoman_bank_1024_2 1

Multnomah Bank

After the Multnomah Commercial & Savings Bank closed in December 1934 the merchants and people in this area had to either go to Beaverton or Tigard to do their banking, a real inconvenience. Multnomah merchants wanted a better way to work with their customers. People tended to go where they...